Can I play audio from samsung TV via airport express to built in surround system
i have airport express hard wired to built in surround speakers to pick up music from iPad, iPhone etc. can I output sound from my samsung smart TV to the surround speakers via airport express over wifi? Do I need software on tv?
1 Answer from the Community
You are using the audio output port from the Airport Express to support Airplay, correct?
The question you really need to ask is if the Samsung TV supports Airplay.
I would guess it does not but I could be wrong.
You would be better to look at your surround sound receiver that is driving the surround speakers to see if that could support some audio communication from your Samsung TV, preferably in a wireless mode (e.g., via cable) to avoid time delays with the video.
- Answered by Bill A from Mission Viejo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Which HDMI slot on a Samsung television should I plug in the HDMI cord into
- Asked by Philip T from West Palm Beach
- Jun 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Which HDMI slot on a Samsung television should I plug in the HDMI cord into)
- Asked about: Apple TV
Can I Play Media VIA Time Capsule (Movies/Music) instead of storing on MacBook Pro.
- Asked by Samuel L from Clare
- Apr 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I Play Media VIA Time Capsule (Movies/Music) instead of storing on MacBook Pro.)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB