how do i set up as bridge to printer
need to use airport express bridge mode to printer (will use ethernet cable to connect printer to airport express) in existing airport extreme network.
Where are instructions to set this up?
- Asked by Paul S from Buffalo
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i set up as bridge to printer)
1 Answer from the Community
There are two options:
1. Set the Express to extend the WiFi network provided by the Extreme. Connect the printer with an Ethernet cable (Cat5 or better) from the Express LAN port to the printer. If you need more than one device to be connected via Ethernet from the Express, you can use a switch between the Express and the printer to provide more ports.
2. Configure the Express with WiFi OFF. Connect the Express to the Extreme with an Ethernet Cable (Cat6 or better,) from a LAN port on the Extreme or an intervening switch to the WAN port of the Express. The Express will act as a switch, extending the Ethernet LAN. Connect the printer to the Express' LAN port.
- Answered by Earl D from Rochester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does Apple TV work as a bridge for HomeKit?
- Asked by Edward T from Glenwood Springs
- Nov 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV work as a bridge for HomeKit?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
No answers yet
Will you offer special disability sets?
- Asked by Chris R from Watkinsville
- Sep 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will you offer special disability sets?)
- Asked about: AirPods
No answers yet
Is there any way to set up a wireless guest network using the new AirPort TC if the AirPort TC must be configured as a bridge and not a router?
- Asked by Maureen C from Brookeville
- Nov 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there any way to set up a wireless guest network using the new AirPort TC if the AirPort TC must be configured as a bridge and not a router?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB