If I plug in my speakers (amp to old school speaker) to the jack can I airplay audio to Airport from Mac and iPhone and have it play through them?
Basically I have a small set up in my room of an old sony amp and goodmans speakers, the amp has rca connections on the back so I do a simple 3/4" jack to rca and plug it into my iPhone or Mac and it works fine. What I want to be able to do is to play audio, via airplay i'm assuming, to the AirPort Express, have it output through the jack socket on the rear and play though my setup as it would as usual.
Hope this makes sense.
1 Answer from the Community
Absolutely! I do this to an amp and speakers on my back porch and outside. The amp is a '70s Dynaco SCA-80Q which supports four speakers. Two are in the enclosed porch, the other two are mounted outside in the back yard. It works wonderfully!
During the cold months I move the AirPort Express (an older version) inside to the living room and connect it to my AV receiver. For the audio connection between the Express and the receiver I use a min-to-optical (Toslink) cable.
- Answered by Earl D from Rochester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
which model phone jack plugs into Model a1136? I don't get music when I connect to a new chair that has speakers and a small amp. I plugged my iPhone
- Asked by David F from Cherryville
- Oct 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (which model phone jack plugs into Model a1136? I don't get music when I connect to a new chair that has speakers and a small amp. I plugged my iPhone)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Can I plug computer speakers into this new iphone?
- Asked by Wendy B from Richfield
- Sep 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug computer speakers into this new iphone?)
- Asked about: iPhone
For speakerphone use, will audio play through externally connected speakers?
- Asked by Gregory B from Tempe
- Jun 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (For speakerphone use, will audio play through externally connected speakers?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White