Can I use this on board a plane travelling to the States with a Mac Book Pro 17 inch laptop?
Apple 85W magsafe Power Adapter.
1 Answer from the Community
Be sure to watch the wattage. I believe you need an 85W, not this 45W you asked the question on. It may work for a short time, but what will end up happening is you will actually slowly drain and kill your battery. I couldn't figure out why my MBP was killing batteries so quickly, about 2-3 months on average and then would also not run with the chord in -battery out- at all, until we figured out it was the underpowered power adapter. Each device uses a specific power adapter.
- Answered by Hugh C from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Which cable for charging do I need for Mac 17 inches
- Asked by James K from Lander
- Jul 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Which cable for charging do I need for Mac 17 inches)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…
is this compatible with a new 15inch Mac Book Pro? Is this the connector I need to link up my Mac Book Pro with a projector?
- Asked by Lynne G
- Jan 22, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (is this compatible with a new 15inch Mac Book Pro? Is this the connector I need to link up my Mac Book Pro with a projector?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter