What power cable will I need if I move to Australia?
I might be moving to Australia next year, and I'm wondering what i will need to charge my Macbook over there. I am currently living in Canada, and I own a 15" (White) Macbook.
- Asked by Kelly B from St. Catharines
- Flag as inappropriate (What power cable will I need if I move to Australia?)
1 Answer from the Community
The power adapter that came with your MacBook should be suitable for 100 - 240v AC 50/60 Hz. All that you will need to change is the actual head that sits on the power adapter. In Australia (240v 50Hz), we use two angled pins with a third earth pin (the earth is not required for double insulated appliances like your MacBook power adapter).
The head for the power adapter for Australia is 603-7715 or for a complete 1.8m power lead with head is 590-5259.
- Answered by Greg S from Penshurst
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it work with the Power Adapter Extension Cable so we can move from 2 m to 4 m?
- Asked by Francis R from Brasília
- Nov 23, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with the Power Adapter Extension Cable so we can move from 2 m to 4 m?)
- Asked about: 61W USB‑C Power Adapter
Which cable for charging do I need for Mac 17 inches
- Asked by James K from Lander
- Jul 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Which cable for charging do I need for Mac 17 inches)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…