I purchased my 11' Macbook Air in Canada in August. I now live in Croaita and my charger has stopped working. Will a European charger work?
If a European charger will work, do I need a transformer to change the voltage from 220V to 110V ?
1 Answer from the Community
No. The charger is dual voltage. Make sure you get it at an Apple store, or Apple authorized provider who deals in new Apple products. Do not go to a cheaper knockoff repair shop or supplier. Some will say they are authorized when they are not. You can check the authorized providers on Apple's website. You may need to get a different adapter plug for when you return to the US if the new charger comes with a European plug.
- Answered by Pamela C from Winthrop Harbor
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does this charger work on a macbook air
- Asked by Deborah O
- May 29, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (does this charger work on a macbook air)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…
No answers yet
is there a warranty for this?
- Asked by Noa B from Mareeba
- Feb 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a warranty for this?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
Will this work with the charger of my Macbook pro?
- Asked by Mariela M from Mexicali
- Feb 20, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the charger of my Macbook pro?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit