Is there a power cord adapter for the 15" Macbook Pro you can use in your car?
I just purchased a 15" Macbook Pro and travel with it. I charge my cell phone while driving. Is this an option for my Macbook?
I prefer to buy an Apple product, but if one is not available I would consider another company.
- Asked by Nick L from San Carlos
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a power cord adapter for the 15" Macbook Pro you can use in your car?)
2 Answers from the Community
The short answer, No.
The long answer, not from apple. There are manufacturers of power inverters for your vehicle. Inverters will convert a standard vehicle DC outlet to AC 110 power. You can find these at most auto-parts stores and most electronics retailers. Just be sure to purchase one that allows for a 3-prong ground and gives you a high enough wattage for your use.
- Answered by David R from Indio
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I'm sure they can make one for Autos Trucks and RV's that need to run on 12 volt systems
- Answered by Sam F from Garfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I use 85 w magsafe power extension cord with my newer 60w power adapter?
- Asked by Kerrie S from North Weymouth
- Jul 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use 85 w magsafe power extension cord with my newer 60w power adapter?)
Apple 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
T or L shaped 85 MagSafe power adapter with my 2008 15-inch MacBook pro
- Asked by Robin B from Hollywood
- May 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (T or L shaped 85 MagSafe power adapter with my 2008 15-inch MacBook pro)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…