Can I run the mac OS 10.6 on a mac that has 4GB?
3 Answers from the Community
As long as you have the Intel processor, yes you can run Snow Leopard (10.6) with 4 gigs of RAM. That's more than enough.
HOWEVER, if you are still running the the PowerPC processor (G3, G4, G5 processors) I'm afraid you are stuck at Tiger (10.4). That was the final Operating System for that series of processor. No further upgrades are possible, no matter the the amount of RAM you have.
- Answered by Geoffery Dean J from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. Snow Leopard (OS 10.6) only requires 1GB of memory. (With at least 5GB of hard disk space.)
However, the Mac must have an Intel processor, not a PowerPC processor.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
4GB is enough RAM for Snow Leopard, but there are other system requirements that you should check too. The most important is that your Mac has to have an Intel CPU.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
i am running OS X 10.6.8 on my mac. how do i upgrade my software?
- Asked by Jovanny L from Ocean
- Jun 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (i am running OS X 10.6.8 on my mac. how do i upgrade my software?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
I have the latest Mac Book Pro and I will be going to Italy, can I purchase a Power brick in Italy and use with my MacBook from the USA?
- Asked by Maggie F
- Nov 29, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (I have the latest Mac Book Pro and I will be going to Italy, can I purchase a Power brick in Italy and use with my MacBook from the USA?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
does it work with mac os 10.6.8
- Asked by Clare M from Kelowna
- Sep 15, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with mac os 10.6.8)
- Asked about: Magic Mouse 2