Can I use PowerPC applications with this?
I currently have Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 and would like to play a game I just bought but a window pops up saying my computer doesn't support PowerPC applications. I read that this will solve that but I want to make sure before spending the $20
- Asked by Stephanie W from Clovis
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use PowerPC applications with this?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, if you downgrade to OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard you will be able to run PowerPC apps using Rosetta.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
To run PowerPC applications, one needs "Rosetta". The Lion OS discontinued support for Rosetta. Snow Leopard was the last OS to support Rosetta. The installer on the Snow Leopard disk offers Rosetta as an optional install. For more info about installing Rosetta go to supportDOTappleDOTcom/kb/ph6531 (replace each "DOT" with ".").
Please note: Snow Leopard may not install on newer Macs that were released after Lion was released. However, it is possible to run Snow Leopard on some of these Macs by installing Snow Leopard on a small partition (10-12GB) on another older Mac then use Disk Utility to create a DMG (disk image) file of the Snow Leopard partition, transfer the DMG file to the newer Mac and use Disk Utility to RESTORE the DMG to a blank partition on the newer Mac. I recommend not erasing the Lion partition on the newer Mac . . . when wishing to use Snow Leopard, simply hold the option key during start up and choose the partition with Snow Leopard to start up from.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this work well with the MediBangPaintPro application?
- Asked by Karen F from Damascus
- Jul 14, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work well with the MediBangPaintPro application?)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
Will microphone work on a pc? I would like to use them with my IPhone and PC running windows, using application as Lync, Skype etc,
- Asked by Alexandr T from Shevchenko
- Mar 29, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will microphone work on a pc? I would like to use them with my IPhone and PC running windows, using application as Lync, Skype etc,)
- Asked about: Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Head…
LIST OF APPLE SE INBILT APPLICATIONS
- Asked by Prathap V from Sharjah
- Jul 13, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (LIST OF APPLE SE INBILT APPLICATIONS)
- Asked about: iPhone
No answers yet