Could snow leopard be installed on a completely blank, new ssd, or, hard drive? Is there any faster way to get snow leopard, than four weeks?
1 Answer from the Community
I believe Snow Leopard sold out a couple of weeks ago . . . Apple has to make more DVDs, that's why it will take some time.
Yes, you can install Snow Leopard on a blank SSD or Hard Drive. The installer reformats the disk then does a completely fresh install of Snow Leopard. This is called a "clean install".
Please note though: Snow Leopard requires a Mac with Intel processor. But it can't be too new a Mac for the installer to work. EG: If the Mac was originally sold with OS 10.8 or later, the installer most likely will not run. But if Snow Leopard is installed on a partition on an older Mac, and then the partition (or DMG of the partition) is moved to the newer Mac, Snow Leopard may run.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Installing on blank hard-drive.
- Asked by Ivan K from Miami
- Feb 11, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Installing on blank hard-drive.)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
When I get a silicone case for my new mini four, will I need to purchase a cover in addition? Or does the case include the cover?
- Asked by Karen A from Marlboro
- Sep 11, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (When I get a silicone case for my new mini four, will I need to purchase a cover in addition? Or does the case include the cover?)
- Asked about: iPad mini 4 Silicone Case - (PRODUC…