do I have to have to original software disks to install OS Snow Leapard
hi there, i have by MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo, version 10.5.8 but i have lost the originals software disks. Can I instal the new sow leopard. thx
1 Answer from the Community
You must install Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard from an original CD. DRM laws allow you to legally make one back up of the CD, but downloading Snow Leopard and installing would be illegal.
Using the Snow Leopard update (10.5->10.6) will not destroy your data. It will only upgrade the Leopard operating system, your files will remain untouched.
- Answered by Matthew K from Baulkham Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this SuperDrive install OS on my Macbook (Disk Drive is currently non-functional)?
- Asked by Pedro-alcario G from Lubbock
- Aug 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this SuperDrive install OS on my Macbook (Disk Drive is currently non-functional)?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can I install this on an HP laptop? What about the OS X Mountain Lion disk?
- Asked by Tucker G from Meridian
- Jun 20, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I install this on an HP laptop? What about the OS X Mountain Lion disk?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)