I have a iMac G5 with a CPU PowerPC G5 (3.0). Can I get an Intel processor installed in it so I can Snow leopard?
2 Answers from the Community
No, your machine has a PowerPC G5 processor, and the Intel processor and motherboard architecture are completely different. The only solution to upgrading is to sell this machine and buy a new Intel based one.
- Answered by Trevor I from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
As far as I know, no. In addition, processors are one of the most expensive parts on a computer. It would probably be cheaper to buy a new Mac.
- Answered by Dominick V from Staten Island
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the cable work with USB 3.0 ports, and if not, how can I get it to sync to my laptop?
- Asked by Roxy H from Nashville
- Dec 28, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the cable work with USB 3.0 ports, and if not, how can I get it to sync to my laptop?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)