I have a Mac Mini Power PC, is there anyway I can make it intel? Or do I just have to buy a new mac?
I'm just wondering.
1 Answer from the Community
Sorry but no. All of the hardware in the Mac Mini is configured for Power PC so just switching out the processor wouldn't work and if you paid to have everything switched to intel it would cost more than a new intel mac mini now.
So for a short answer no it would be cheaper just to buy a new system
- Answered by Andy T from Brookfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
if i buy a mac mini can I use my old monitor from a pc?
- Asked by Fred R from Belchertown
- Apr 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (if i buy a mac mini can I use my old monitor from a pc?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI
- Asked by Daniel M
- Jan 10, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
I have on older e-mac that is not wifi, is there anyway to make it wifi?
- Asked by Juliana P from North Bend
- Oct 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I have on older e-mac that is not wifi, is there anyway to make it wifi?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express