I have an ibook g4.Can i download the newest version of mac os x (snow leopard)or is this computer outdated now?
i just got the latest itouch and i can't get it running off of my ibook g4.
3 Answers from the Community
No, you can only go as far as Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. Unsure if iTunes (probably 11) will work on Leopard in the fall, so you should think about getting a new mac.
- Answered by Matthew M from Pleasanton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The ibook G4 will run Leopard (10.5), but not Snow Leopard (or Lion). Leopard has been maintained with security updates and the like, so it is not "outdated" yet - but this will probably change once Lion is launched.
Depending on the specs of your ibook, you should be able to download and run the latest version of iTunes (10.3) in Leopard, which will manage your iPod Touch.
- Answered by Rodney W from Niddrie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Unfortunately, Snow Leopard will not install on a Mac with a G4 processor. The Mac must be Intel-based.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs
- Asked by Calhoun B from Mebane
- Jul 16, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
No answers yet
can I use the new version in more than one computer?
- Asked by Maria C
- Aug 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use the new version in more than one computer?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)