If I purchase a mac pro setup, do i need to also purchase snow leopard or is it already installed on the hard drive
1 Answer from the Community
If you are buying new, it probably has Lion on it.
If you are buying used, it will likely have some sort of Mac OS already installed.
If you need to put Snow Leopard on, and it is an Intel-based Mac Pro, then read the following:
All Snow Leopard disks can do a "Clean Install". But with the $29 disk you need to follow some extra steps, since "Erase and Install" is not part of the automatic installation... but the tools to do so are provided on the DVD.
Basically, when you put the Snow Leopard DVD into your Mac, you will be presented with two options: 1) to "Continue" with a standard upgrade, or, 2) go to "Utilities". Select the "Utilities" button (there will be a reboot in order to run from the DVD). In the new screen that appears, under the "Utilities" menu, select Disk Utilities to format your new hard drive. When you have finished formatting, QUIT from Disk Utilities, and the installer will then complete the installation of Snow Leopard. (Note: be prepared to wait several minutes when the system reboots during installation as it copies and sets up all the files. Also, if you have another partition with an older OS on it, at some point during the installation, the installer will ask if you want to import the OS Settings, Files and/or Applications from that partition.)
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this adapter be used to connect thunderbolt external hard drive to older mac with firewire 800?
- Asked by Alexander E from Dix Hills
- Aug 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used to connect thunderbolt external hard drive to older mac with firewire 800?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Cn I retrieve information from the hard drive on my old mac book pro whose processor died
- Asked by Marianne A from Royal Oak
- May 13, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Cn I retrieve information from the hard drive on my old mac book pro whose processor died)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Do I need an additional external hard drive if I have the AirPort Time Capsule?
- Asked by Melinda I from Ypsilanti
- Apr 10, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need an additional external hard drive if I have the AirPort Time Capsule?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB