is v.10.6.8 & leopard the same?
- Asked by Walter C from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate (is v.10.6.8 & leopard the same?)
2 Answers from the Community
No. "Leopard" refers to 10.5. "Snow Leopard" refers to 10.6.
10.6.8 is the latest version of "Snow Leopard".
The codenames are as follows:
10.7 = Lion
10.6 = Snow Leopard
10.5 = Leopard
10.4 = Tiger
10.3 = Panther
10.2 = Jaguar
10.1 = Puma
The third number (after the numbers shown) is the version number within the codename.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
leopard(10.5) it an older operating system for macbooks and powerbooks alike. if you needed to choose between the two, go for the 10.6.8 (snow leopard) which is newer and lets you upgrade to lion.
- Answered by Diane H from Fairfax
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will the Airport Extreme work with my iMac OS X v10.6.8?
- Asked by Rob H from Versailles
- Mar 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport Extreme work with my iMac OS X v10.6.8?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
how can I upgrade leopard to lion
- Asked by Alan R from Bensalem
- Sep 27, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (how can I upgrade leopard to lion)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)