should i buy this if I have El capitan 10.11.6?
My computer won't upgrade to OS Sierra and I read that I can do the snow leopard update instead, which will allow me to upgrade to mountain lion. I don't know if that makes sense because snow leopard is 10.7 and I'm already at 10.11.......
- Asked by Meira G from Valley Village
- Flag as inappropriate (should i buy this if I have El capitan 10.11.6?)
1 Answer from the Community
Makes no sense. If you are going to 10.6 (Snow Leopard) from 10.11 (El Capitan) you would be doing a "downgrade".
It may make sense if you kept 10.11 on one partition, and installed 10.6 on another partition to run some old software. Macs allow for startup from different partitions, so one can have different OS X versions on several partitions. I have OS 10.6, 10.8, 10.11 & 10.12 on different partitions and I choose which partition to start up from. I need 10.6 to run my scanner, 10.8 to run most of my older software, and 10.11 & 10.12 to test latest features.
BUT, the installer for 10.6 will likely NOT install on any Mac released after 10.7 or 10.8 was released. (But OS 10.6 may run on a newer Mac. One method to try to get OS 10.6 to run on newer Mac is to install OS 10.6 on an external drive attached to an older Mac, update to OS 10.6.8, then move drive to newer Mac and attempt to start up from it.)
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how do i run powerpoint on el capitan 10.11.6
- Asked by Kris S from Colorado Springs
- Feb 2, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i run powerpoint on el capitan 10.11.6)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
will the powerbeats3 work in Mac Pro (early 2008 ) OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 ?
- Asked by Gaston B from Miami
- Nov 15, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (will the powerbeats3 work in Mac Pro (early 2008 ) OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 ?)
- Asked about: Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones - Fl…
If my Wifi interface lists 802.11 a/b/g/n as what I have, will this AirPort Time Capsule work with my Mac? I am running on OS El Capitan 10.11.6.
- Asked by Kimberly S from Waukesha
- May 19, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (If my Wifi interface lists 802.11 a/b/g/n as what I have, will this AirPort Time Capsule work with my Mac? I am running on OS El Capitan 10.11.6.)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB