What version does the Snow Leopard install disk install? What is the easiest way to install 10.6.8 on a new Macintosh? (I need Rosetta)
I may soon buy a new MacBook Pro, but they are shipping with Lion and I need Rosetta. I can buy a Snow Leopard install disk, but what version does it install? I heard it was 10.6.5. It will be a nuisance, taking extra time and several reboots, to update from 10.6.5 to 10.6.8, which I may have to do several times over the lifetime of the computer.
1 Answer from the Community
Just purchased Snow Leopard from Apple to upgrade from OSX 10.5.8. Box says the version is 10.6.3. However, I'm having a bit of a problem installing it on a MacBook Pro since the machine will not load the software from the DVD. My intention is to eventually upgrade to Mountain Lion when available.
- Answered by Richard A from Sammamish
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have OS 10.6.8 and I need to upgrade to a new OS to install a printer. Is this what I need or should I get a different version. Cant get Sierra
- Asked by Amy K from Killeen
- Dec 30, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (I have OS 10.6.8 and I need to upgrade to a new OS to install a printer. Is this what I need or should I get a different version. Cant get Sierra)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?
- Asked by Marcelle D S from Boerne
- Nov 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme