will my programs translate over to snow leopard from tiger?
will i need to reinstall versions of programs after upgrade - for example my adobe creative suite and others??
- Asked by Anthony R from Pitman
- Flag as inappropriate (will my programs translate over to snow leopard from tiger?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes! The $29 Snow Leopard install can be done over Tiger, over Leopard, or over a freshly formatted partition or hard drive.
Personally, I did the install on a fresh partition. The install then gave me the option to import from another partition the following: my Tiger settings, my Tiger applications and/or all my files.
Now, I have the capability of booting from either Snow Leopard or Tiger. I like to keep Tiger in case there is something that doesn't quite work right in Snow Leopard (eg: it took me a few days to get all 4 of my printers to work).
I do notice, however, that the combination of the new Safari 5 and OS 10.6.5 is not as stable as Safari 4 and OS 10.4.11.
I am running Adobe CS3 programs, MS Office 2004, Tiger's Garageband, etc with no problem on Snow Leopard. These programs imported from Tiger during the install.
Snow Leopard requirements: 1) Intel-based Mac, 2) 1 GB RAM, 3) 5 GB hard drive space, 4) DVD. Mac Box Set Requirements: same except 2 GB RAM and 12 GB hard drive space. Mac Box Set includes iLife and iWorks.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does mac have a translation program?
- Asked by Donna K from Lebanon
- Dec 5, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does mac have a translation program?)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
can I use this adapter when developing iOS programs to install apps on the phone?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Rochester
- Apr 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this adapter when developing iOS programs to install apps on the phone?)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter
Can you perform a middle mouse click? (important for most 3D programs)
- Asked by Philo C from Edmonds
- Jun 17, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you perform a middle mouse click? (important for most 3D programs))
- Asked about: Magic Mouse 2