Does anyone know if all of the three available Magsafe adapters - 85W, 60W and 45W - are the same physical size?
3 Answers from the Community
All three are different sizes, and obviously the higher the wattage, the larger the adapter. I frequently swap between all three (I own 3 laptops - 11", 13" 15"). Using a 45W on the 15" results in a slower charge, but it still charges. With the higher wattage chargers, they can be used on a lower need laptop with no issue at all. The laptop just draws what it needs.
- Answered by Anthony D from Balwyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Thanks Matthew - but that's not entirely right. All the Magsafe adapters currently available are square. The old Macbook pro adapter was rectangular - but current models are all square. At any rate I'm looking for EXACT dimensions of each.
- Answered by Philip D from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No. The 45W and 60W are about 7cm by 7cm. The 85W power adapter is about 10cm by 7cm. These will all fit into any pouches in a backpack or bag.
Hope this helps.
- Answered by Matthew S from Prince George
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I use the converter with a Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter
- Asked by Antony D
- Jun 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the converter with a Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
Can i use a 60w MagSafe adapter with MacBook Air 11 inch mid-2012 (which comes with the 45w)? I understand the reverse compatibility is ok. True?
- Asked by Bruce G from White Plains
- Feb 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use a 60w MagSafe adapter with MacBook Air 11 inch mid-2012 (which comes with the 45w)? I understand the reverse compatibility is ok. True?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter f…