Will Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter work with 50 Hz charging, in Europe, with a travel power (voltage) converter)?
Electrical outlets in Europe are 220-240V and generally 50 Hz. I have a "travel converter" that can plug into that and have as output 110-120V. But, it will not adjust the European frequency from 50 Hz to what is used in the U.S., 60 Hz. I wish to charge up my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2011 vintage) using the supplied (original) U.S. power adapter (Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter), which will then be plugged into the travel converter, which would be supplying 110-120V at 50Hz. Is this okay, or will there be any problem?
1 Answer from the Community
Just use a 'tourists plug adaptor' and it will work fine. I lived in the US ten years ago and plugged my UK purchased Toshiba laptop into the mains using an ordinary travel adaptor that you get in an airport etc and it worked fine. I bought a Macbook Pro when I was out there - which is what I am typing on now and it plugs into the mains in the UK without any problems. You don't know need a 'convertor' - just an 'adaptor' If you look on the 'white box' in the middle of the power cable, it actually says 100-240V and 50/60Hz. The supplied power cable does the necessary work for you. So - I am using a US purchased MBP with the original US power adaptor and all I have is a £4.99 travel plug adaptor and it works just fine.
- Answered by Niraj N
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with 60w Magsafe 2 Power Adapter?
- Asked by Peishan Z from West Lafayette
- 5 Feb 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work with 60w Magsafe 2 Power Adapter?
No answers yet
Will the converter work with 60W MagSafe and 85W MagSafe 2
- Asked by Elizabeth S from Ormond Beach
- 26 Feb 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Will the converter work with 60W MagSafe and 85W MagSafe 2
Can I use this to charge my MacBook Pro 13-inch instead of the Apple 60W MagSafe 2 power adaptor?
- Asked by Kimberly M from Doylestown
- 2 Feb 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use this to charge my MacBook Pro 13-inch instead of the Apple 60W MagSafe 2 power adaptor?