Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac
I've tried connecting direct from the airport time machine to the ethernet socket on my I Mac. I keep getting, no cable connection? I've also tried direct from the modem to the airport T M, Same result. I'm running out of options and need help
1 Answer from the Community
So it's bee a while since this question was asked. I hope you've managed to solve this issue already. If not this is what I would do.
1. Make sure your modem is connected to the internet. Take everything but the power cord out of the airport.
2. Reset the time capsule. Open airport utility on your iMac. In the menu bar, connect to the apple network with a default name (random numbers and letters in it) your airport should show up in the utility panel.
3. Explore the settings and set it to: bridge mode, creating a network (input your preferred wireless details), and click update to apply the settings.
4. Plug the airport into the modem via Ethernet, using the plug on the airport which looks like a circle of dots.
5. Finally, plug your computer into one of the remaining airport Ethernet ports with another cable. Once the airport has restarted, everything should be connected. If not, check your settIngs under 'network' in system preferences.
- Answered by Matthew S from Melborne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1