Can I use this to connect an (old) iMac via its ethernet port to an external thunderbolt hard drive?
1 Answer from the Community
No you can't do that. The adaptor is designed to be used the other way around as it doesn't convert the signal but instead passes it on the the PCI controller to do. There currently isn't any way that i know of to connect a thunderbolt accessory to a non thunderbolt mac.
- Answered by Tomm A from Christchurch
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect an external hard drive to a 12.9" iPad Pro (3rd gen) using this?
- Asked by Jaser K from Halifax
- 21 Dec 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect an external hard drive to a 12.9" iPad Pro (3rd gen) using this?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter