can i put a home dvd movie in my super drive and convert it to digital form on my mac computer
- Asked by Kannan C from Balwyn North
- Flag as inappropriate can i put a home dvd movie in my super drive and convert it to digital form on my mac computer
3 Answers from the Community
You can using 3d party software such as HandBrake.
- Answered by Keith S from Springfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If it's on a DVD, then it is already in a digital format. All you would need to do is copy the movie from the disc to your hard drive.
- Answered by Stephen V from Englewood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I haven't attempted this because I don't have the need, but the problem will be finding the software to do this. The Apple store has MP4 convert from Anymp4 that might be able to do the job. I use the free version to convert security camera footage so I don't know what the paid for version will do but that's the first place I would look if I were going to do what you suggest. I use the disk utility routine to make disk images of the original DVD to backup my library so I don't need to convert them. The disk images can be played with the Apple DVD player if I want to play something away from the DVD recorder.
- Answered by Dena W from Laveen
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3