how do I hook up SuperDrive to iMac
Just got the new 27 inch iMac and purchased SuperDrive. Nothing happens when I plug in USB to Mac. What am I doing wrong?
- Asked by Mary B from Akron
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I hook up SuperDrive to iMac)
3 Answers from the Community
Plug and play. There will be no Icon on the screen until you insert a DVD, CD, Install disk. That is my experience and I have two different Mac computers I use it on. Hope this helps!
- Answered by Bryce F from Elgin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Just FYI for anyone else who has this question. The SuperDrive was connecting to the iMac, but wouldn't accept CDs. There seems to be some kind of issue with the SuperDrive and the new iMac. We tried 2 SuperDrives and finally had to exchange the iMac itself. SuperDrive still didn't work. Returned it. Bought an LG at BestBuy - works perfectly! It does need to be plugged into a separate power source - maybe that's the problem with the Apple SuperDrive?? Not enough power?
- Answered by Mary B from Akron
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Through the one of the 4 USB ports available on the iMac.
- Answered by Chanakya D from Slc
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can an iMac be hooked up to an LCD projector?
- Asked by Stacy K from Fenwick
- Feb 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can an iMac be hooked up to an LCD projector?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
No answers yet
How do I hook up my apple airport?
- Asked by Molly H from Falconer
- Jun 15, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I hook up my apple airport?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
No answers yet
Will this allow me to hook up an older Cinema Display to a new iMac?
- Asked by Samantha W from Sherwood Park
- Mar 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this allow me to hook up an older Cinema Display to a new iMac?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…