How do you safely disconnect the USB MacBook Air SuperDrive from MacBook Pro? Normally you dismount (eject) before disconnecting an external device.
MacBook Air SuperDrive is model # A1379 and will be connected to MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) running Yosemite V10.10.5. DVD has been ejected and removed from the SuperDrive. Normally you would eject an external device (iPod etc) before you would remove the connecting USB cord. Is the eject not required as the SuperDrive itself doesn't have any internal information/data on it? Also, is it normal for the SuperDive not to show up in the Finder sidebar?
1 Answer from the Community
It does not show in the Finder unless you have a disc inserted in the drive. This is also how it is for computers that have built in optical drives. You also don't need to eject anything (except the disc in the drive) before you unplug it.
- Answered by Dillon A from Cumberland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How do you disconnect cable?
- Asked by Andrew S from New York
- Jan 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you disconnect cable?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
How do i disconnect my device from a apple watch
- Asked by Ramon C from Brooklyn
- Jan 20, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (How do i disconnect my device from a apple watch)
- Asked about: Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock
Does this adapter support a MacBook USB superdrive?
- Asked by Brianna H from East Albury
- Jan 31, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support a MacBook USB superdrive?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter