What is the best way to import photos from a USB super drive to a Macbook Air and then to a USB storage device?
1 Answer from the Community
You have a few options, depending on your comfort level.
First, simple option: Connect the superdrive to your mac. Insert the CD/DVD that you have your photos on, then open iPhoto/Photos app. Click File > Import and select the drive with your photos. The photo app will copy all of your photos to its database. This may take a few minutes, depending on how many photos you are importing.
Once the import is finished, connect your USB storage device. (You can disconnect the superdrive now, the photos are on your mac)
Next you're going to do the opposite of the first step - export your photos from iPhoto/Photos. Click File > Export, then select the photos that you want to move to the external storage device. For the export location, select your storage device from the list, and then OK. The photos will be exported to your external storage.
Another way to transfer the photos is to manually manage the media. To do this, connect the superdrive, insert the disc with the photos, then in a different usb port insert your usb storage device. Next, open Finder. Select the Superdrive and then select all of the photos you want to move. Drag and drop these files onto the USB storage device in Finder, and the files will be copied over.
Another option is to use the built in Image Capture application from your mac, you can search for instructions on how to do that on Google.
- Answered by William S from Cotati
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will Apple Super Drive work with this adapter?
- Asked by John B from Eugene
- May 9, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Apple Super Drive work with this adapter?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
How to transfer photos from iPad to USB stick
- Asked by Linda P from Calgary
- Apr 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How to transfer photos from iPad to USB stick)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
Does this adapter support a MacBook USB superdrive?
- Asked by Brianna H from East Albury
- Jan 31, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support a MacBook USB superdrive?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter