Will this cable fit my IPad 2 16g wifi - I want to use it to charge the IPad instead of the cable which was supplied -
1 Answer from the Community
The connector ends are different. The iPad 2's still use the cables with the old 30 pin connectors. The new iPads and the new iPhone 5's use these new Lightening cables that just have a tiny little plug. Same voltage and everything, just a different connector end.
There are adaptors that allow users of new ipads or even iphone 5's to still connect to old chargers, but nothing that works backwards like you ask. Why in the heck would it make a difference? Why would you want to go backwards?
- Answered by Madonna J from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is there a longer charge cable for Ipad
- Asked by Kenneth P from Tecumseh
- Jan 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a longer charge cable for Ipad)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter
Do you do a black IPod 2 charger cable
- Asked by Linda R
- Mar 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you do a black IPod 2 charger cable)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
No answers yet
Can I use this with a Lightning cable and the 29W charger to charge my 12.9" iPad Pro?
- Asked by Michael G from Galesburg
- Mar 24, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this with a Lightning cable and the 29W charger to charge my 12.9" iPad Pro?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter