How many watts is the lightning to USB cable for the iPhone 5/6? And How many watts can you or should you charge the iPhone 6 with?
1 Answer from the Community
Cable doesn't have any watts. Power adapter is able to output certain amount of power (watt). Cables are the same for iPhone and iPad so they are capable of carrying a load of 2.1A (12 watt).
iPhone 6 comes with standard charger 1A (5 watt), however it is compatible with 2.1A (12 watt) charger and it will charge faster.
It is device you are charging that determines how much current it will draw from charger not other way around. You could connect it to 10A charger (60 watt) and it would work as well, charging with same speed as 2.1A (12 watt) charger.
- Answered by Marcin K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How many incoming volts and watts does the USB/iPhone take for maximum charging?
- Asked by Brooke P from Miami Beach
- Feb 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How many incoming volts and watts does the USB/iPhone take for maximum charging?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?
- Asked by Anish B from Girraween
- Apr 4, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Can I use this with my iPhone 6s with the lightning to USBC cable
- Asked by Ethan L from Bethel Ct
- Apr 24, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this with my iPhone 6s with the lightning to USBC cable)
- Asked about: 87W USB-C Power Adapter