Can I connect my garmin bike computer to the iPad mini using this adapter?
1 Answer from the Community
Sadly no (I'd love this functionality too) - the iPad software only allows specific devices to interact with the iPad in 'host' mode. So cameras, for example.
Garmin connect dashboard uses a plugin called 'Communicator' (a small application that runs in the background) on your mac or PC to enable the webpage to download the rides from your computer. Unfortunately although you may be able to visit the Garmin website on your iPad, there's no way for the website to load any communicator plugins on an iPad to pull the data off the Garmin device via the iPad. There is also the limitation of the fact that Apple has locked down this functionality.
The only hope in the future would be Garmin writing an App and making a specific device interface to enable this - but knowing Garmin, bluetooth 4.0 connectivity is more likely than this!
- Answered by Mark W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Could this be used to upload data from a garmin 510 to garmin connect via the 9.7" iPad
- Asked by Mike D from Bentonville
- 25 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Could this be used to upload data from a garmin 510 to garmin connect via the 9.7" iPad)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Can I use Lightning to 30-pin Adapter + 30-pin to VGA Adapter to connect iPad mini with my projector?
- Asked by Apisilp T from Sala Thammasop, Thawi Watthana
- 30 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Lightning to 30-pin Adapter + 30-pin to VGA Adapter to connect iPad mini with my projector?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)
Can this be used on an iPad
- Asked by Maria G
- 2 Jul 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used on an iPad)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter