Is iPod out and line out the same thing? So for instance my car uses the line out to feed music to my stereo, will this not work with new iDevices?
1 Answer from the Community
No, "iPod out" refers to a very specific feature that allows a display (usually a car's in-dash LCD) to show a replica of the iPod interface that can be navigated with an external set of controls (like buttons on a car's steering wheel). It's a very rare feature most often found in BMW and Mini automobiles.
Line out, which is just audio coming out of the connector, works just fine with this adapter. I have my iPhone 5 hooked up to my Kensington LiquidAux in my car using one of these and it works just perfectly.
- Answered by Dan K from Lake In The Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What does it mean for "iPod out"?
- Asked by Jason K from Portland
- Sep 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What does it mean for "iPod out"?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
Does the new apple TV remote require line of sight?
- Asked by Kirk K from Sullivans Island
- Feb 24, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new apple TV remote require line of sight?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote