Can the Lightning to VGA adaptor charge the iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch when being used?
4 Answers from the Community
Yes it can be used to charge the iOS device while being used. The adapter has an input for a lightning cable, so if you plug in the lightning cable (attached to a charger) to the adapter, the iPhone/iPad/iPod will charge while you are using the VGA adapter.
- Answered by Brian G from Salem
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No it won't as it doesn't receive any power from the connector, it may actually drain the battery slightly when in use compared to normal use.
- Answered by James M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Not in my experience. It charges my iPhone 5, but my 4th Gen iPad actually says "Not Charging" when it's plugged in. I'm taking the adapter back tomorrow in the hopes I got a dud and the next one will work.
- Answered by Lance P from Kennedale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes, I just tried it. My iPhone 5 will charge when it has the adaptor plugged in to the phone while my computer is plugged into the lightning port on the adaptor.
- Answered by Martin D from Perth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
can my ipod touch charge in the iPhone lightning dock
- Asked by Ashwath C
- Dec 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can my ipod touch charge in the iPhone lightning dock)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?
- Asked by Robert P from Fishers
- Jan 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
is it safe to charge my iPhone 6s Plus with the Power Adaptor?
- Asked by Mark P from Hinesville
- Apr 17, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (is it safe to charge my iPhone 6s Plus with the Power Adaptor?)
- Asked about: 29W USB‑C Power Adapter