Can I get internet from my iPhone 7 Plus to Apple TV 4 using a Lightning Digital AV Adapter and HDMI 2.0 cable, instead of using my hotspot?
I have no home internet at the moment & have limited hotspot data.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, you can, depending on the application. Actually this is a little different than what you are asking, but it might be helpful. In my case, I don't use any cables to mirror. I use Apple TV 3 in my minivan with bluetooth and wireless on, and without a hotspot . Now depending on the application, Apple TV either mirrors or tries to connect itself. For instance, web browsers by default tries to open up on Apple TV. However if you use a third party application, e.g. some of the youtube applications, they just mirror without a need for a hotspot. Similarly, if you download a movie on the Netflix app onto your phone (not all the movies available for download though), you can mirror it, however if you want to stream online, Netflix app on Apple TV will try to take over, and if no hotspot available, then will give error. I will soon explore Apple TV 4 and post that one too. Please share your experience if you have found any solutions.
- Answered by Ragip P from South Pasadena
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this adapter carry analog signals, converts it, or uses apple trickery?
- Asked by Tucker P from Loveland
- Oct 15, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter carry analog signals, converts it, or uses apple trickery?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Is there a aux and usb cable to a lightning and aux cable?
- Asked by Milton N from Silver Spring
- Jul 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a aux and usb cable to a lightning and aux cable?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)