Can I get internet from my iPhone 7 Plus to Apple TV 4 using a Lightning Digital AV Adapter and HDMI 2.0 cable, instead of using my hotspot?
I have no home internet at the moment & have limited hotspot data.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, you can, depending on the application. Actually this is a little different than what you are asking, but it might be helpful. In my case, I don't use any cables to mirror. I use Apple TV 3 in my minivan with bluetooth and wireless on, and without a hotspot . Now depending on the application, Apple TV either mirrors or tries to connect itself. For instance, web browsers by default tries to open up on Apple TV. However if you use a third party application, e.g. some of the youtube applications, they just mirror without a need for a hotspot. Similarly, if you download a movie on the Netflix app onto your phone (not all the movies available for download though), you can mirror it, however if you want to stream online, Netflix app on Apple TV will try to take over, and if no hotspot available, then will give error. I will soon explore Apple TV 4 and post that one too. Please share your experience if you have found any solutions.
- Answered by Ragip P from South Pasadena
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with the Digital AV Adapter for the iPhone 4/iPad 3? (The one with HDMI Out)
- Asked by Zirak A C from Brampton
- Sep 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the Digital AV Adapter for the iPhone 4/iPad 3? (The one with HDMI Out))
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
can thunderbolt cable be used for LAN/internet connection??
- Asked by Sudhanshu M
- Sep 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can thunderbolt cable be used for LAN/internet connection??)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
what specific hdmi cable with lightning digital av adapter to use facetime on tv with ipad mini 2?
- Asked by Sandra O from Butler
- Feb 15, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (what specific hdmi cable with lightning digital av adapter to use facetime on tv with ipad mini 2?)
- Asked about: Lightning to VGA Adapter