Could I mirror what is on my iPad to a screen with this, then also connect more accessories with the extra lightning port?
I was wondering about something like the Focusrite iTrack Solo. I know I would need to use a 30pin to lightning converter for this to work with the iPad and to fit into this adapter, but would I even be able to use both at the same time at all?
2 Answers from the Community
Yes but those accessories will likely need external power as the lightning port power supply to those other accessories is limited to a couple of watts only. In my experience only a handful of keyboards work, others use too much power.
- Answered by Lucas R from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I believe the extra lightning port is for charging the connected device only.
- Answered by Larry C from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What do I get to connect my 30 pin iPad to the new lightning accessories like to connect to my camera?
- Asked by Elizabeth M from Washington
- Jan 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What do I get to connect my 30 pin iPad to the new lightning accessories like to connect to my camera?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter