For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
1 Answer from the Community
Lightning Digital AV adapter is signal output only.
Digital audio and video from iPhone / iPad are transmitted from lightning connector towards the HDMI connector.
- Answered by Gerd H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the lightning dock be used with a AV adapter so that the iPhone 7 can... 1. output to HDMI, 2. output audio down a 3.5mm jack, and 3. be charged?
Can the dock output digital audio?
- Asked by Richard N from Victoria
- Sep 23, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the dock output digital audio?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock – Rose Gold
Can this adapter be used for audio input to the iPhone?
- Asked by Patrick J from Millington
- Feb 12, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used for audio input to the iPhone?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack …