how do you accessory firmware update for Lightning Digital AV Adapter on OS8.2
- Asked by D A K from Ohope
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you accessory firmware update for Lightning Digital AV Adapter on OS8.2)
1 Answer from the Community
Reset your device... Just sent a previous answer that many are reporting iPhone 5/5s that updates to iOS 8.2 pops up a dialog that it's downloading updated firmware (which it does not really do) and the AV adapter won't work.
Several of us have resolved the issue by backing up the iPhone, then "reset iPhone" and then restored the backup to get data and settings back and that seems to solve the issue and no more dialogs about firmware downloading -adapter just works as it used to prior to iOS 8.2...
Apple Support KnowledgeBase article HT201252 describes detailed steps how to use iTunes to reset the iPhone.
This was such a relief to know that it was not the adapter and not having to wait until an iOS 8.3 update.
- Answered by Wayne W from Wailuku
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I buy a second lightning adapter
- Asked by Karen F from Pender Island
- Jan 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy a second lightning adapter)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
Lightning to 30 pin adapter (0.2m) Supported Accessories
- Asked by Maricris M from Mandaluyong City
- Jun 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning to 30 pin adapter (0.2m) Supported Accessories)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)
how do you install the usb-c digital AV multi port adapter?
- Asked by Rhoda F from London
- Dec 23, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you install the usb-c digital AV multi port adapter?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter