Why can't I play hulu from my 6 plus to my tv using my lightening av cable adapter. Only audio plays
5 Answers from the Community
Hello. I have the same set up and the answer is "you can". Problem is, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have no clue why that happens. What I've found is, when only the HULU logo appears and you only get "sound" with no picture, then I log out of HULU completely, close the app completely, then log back in. Sometimes it takes 3 or more attempts of doing this, but eventually it starts streaming to my TV. It's a nuisance and if HULU doesn't address and fix the problem, then I intend to cancel my subscription. Of course, I've tried contacting them, but that doesn't seem to work either. Try this and I hope it works for you..eventually. Good luck.
- Answered by Perry P from Mesa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This is an issue with the Hulu application. Below is the answe from the Hulu support site.
Why can't I play video via HDMI or Airplay on my iOS device?
Oct 6, 2017
Hulu does not currently support HDMI-out or Airplay (including mirroring) on iOS. We are currently working on expanding our HDMI and Airplay compatibility.
If you want to watch Hulu on a TV-connected device, you can do so using one of these supported devices.
- Answered by Cristian D from Fort Stewart
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have the same problem. Netflix and Amazon Prime work great with the HDMI lightening adapter for Apple IOS.
I have the 6S apple phone, Netflix works the best because you can turn off the screen on the phone and continue watching on your TV this saves the batteries on the phone. Hulu is just not what you want if you are like me and want to take advantage of your phones unlimited data plan. If you want to watch on the big screen with your phone ! don't get Hulu!!!!!. I will cancel my Buhu account until they can get there act together. Come ON Hulu you have some good content but your connectivity just ? O-well maybe someday until then CANCEL.
- Answered by David C from Summertown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I have the same issue but found a kind of work around to get the video working. Start watching your video. When you plug in the lightning HDMI adapter, you will likely see black video but hear the audio just fine on the device and the TV. The mirror of your device's screen causes neither to see the video. If you use your finger to glide forward or reverse on the video, 9 out of 10 times it fixes the video. This isn't a complete fix as your device still needs to be on. However it mirrors the video onto the bigger screen, which is better than nothing for me. I use this method all of the time. I don't have an Apple TV to try it via airplay. Figured I'd share what I have learned and hope it helps someone else.
- Answered by Nazim K from Clermont
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Hulu used to work on my HDMI adapter until the app updated around the time Hulu started the live tv streaming. I think it’s absolutely ridiculous bc all it does is prevent me from watching the same thing on a bigger screen. I think it’s just away for you to have to pay for an Apple TV or a smart tv.
- Answered by Amanda R from Corinth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
I need what's on my Macbook pro screen to be playing over multiple televisions, How can I make this happen?
- Asked by Dennis F from Columbia
- Apr 23, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I need what's on my Macbook pro screen to be playing over multiple televisions, How can I make this happen?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Does the mini VGA adapter play video AND audio? or do i need another cable for audio?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Mar 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the mini VGA adapter play video AND audio? or do i need another cable for audio?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Can the lightening dock be used with lightening AV adopter hdmi to watch movies from iTunes on my tv from iPhone 6splus! Thanks in advance...
- Asked by Byron F from Patterson Lakes
- Sep 29, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the lightening dock be used with lightening AV adopter hdmi to watch movies from iTunes on my tv from iPhone 6splus! Thanks in advance...)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock – Rose Gold