What are the different USB power plug watt ratings and which one is the highest?
1 Answer from the Community
The current and the safest watt for charging the ipad is 2.4A. Which is the 12W adaptor. Be careful of those brand new 3.4A adaptors which gives a bigger watt ratings that could damage your ipad. It may charge your ipad at a much faster rate. But the capacitor that was built in the port may damage resulting in battery explosion.
- Answered by Foxtrot N from Mandaluyong
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it work in the 10 watt USB power supply?
- Asked by Nat F
- Dec 20, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work in the 10 watt USB power supply?)
- Asked about: Power Adapter Extension Cable
Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?
- Asked by Anish B from Girraween
- Apr 4, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
What plug can I use to charge my ipad2 and my iPhone 5
- Asked by Carol S
- Feb 25, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What plug can I use to charge my ipad2 and my iPhone 5)
- Asked about: Apple 5W USB Power Adapter (Folding…