Can this cable be used to make a iMac 21.5-inch, Mid 2010 a second monitor for a iMac 27-inch, Mid 2010?
1 Answer from the Community
No. The desired set up cannot be realized by any cable combination because the iMac 21.5 inch does not have target display mode. Furthermore, even if the roles were to be swapped (iMac 27 as secondary display), the Thunderbolt Cable would not work because a Thunderbolt Cable can never be hooked up to a non-Thunderbolt port.
The only way to connect an iMac 21.5 (mid 2010) to an iMac 27 (mid 2010) would be to use the iMac 27 in target display mode. The correct cable to use would be a Mini Display Port cable, not a Thunderbolt cable.
- Answered by Peter S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how do i connect my a iMac mid 2010 to a dell monitor
- Asked by Aj B from Daytonabeach Shores
- Dec 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect my a iMac mid 2010 to a dell monitor)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Cables needed to migrate a mid 2010 iMac to new 2018 iMac?
- Asked by Rebecca L H from Plano
- Nov 3, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Cables needed to migrate a mid 2010 iMac to new 2018 iMac?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB‑C) Cable (0.8 m)