Can an airport express or apple tv connected to a tv be used as a display to remotely view a mac mini located in an different area of a home.
I would like to set up a mac mini in one area of my house but still be able to operate it sitting in front of a tv using airport express or apple tv in another location with a blue tooth keyboard and mouse.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes. you can!
Here is how I would set it up:
1. Connect your Apple TV to your TV (AirPort Express will not work, since it's only a router with AirPlay AUDIO, not video)
2. On Mac Mini (or any AirPlay enabled Mac), go to System Preferences > Displays > CHECK "Show mirroring options..."
Now every time your Apple TV is turned on and make sure you set up everything in the SAME network and the AirPlay option is turned on, you will see the AirPlay logo on the menu bar. Connect to your Apple TV and select mirror display. You might wish to adjust the resolution and things if something doesn't look right (I can't really say more about that, you will have to figure it out then).
3. As long as your Bluetooth equipments are in range of your Mac, feel free to use it!
- Answered by Cong W from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI
- Asked by Daniel M
- Jan 10, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Can you use this adapter to connect your phone to television to view movies?
- Asked by Tandeka G from Boston
- Jul 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this adapter to connect your phone to television to view movies?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
I want to stream music to different areas of my house, simultaneously from 1 apple device. (macbook or iphone)
- Asked by Robin W
- Mar 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to stream music to different areas of my house, simultaneously from 1 apple device. (macbook or iphone))
- Asked about: AirPort Express