How would I go about using a Time Capsule with Time Warner Cable?
They force you to rent one of their routers. Would I just connect the two using an ethernet cable? Would this affect the speed of Internet I get? And would it be silly to pay for Time Capsule if I already have to pay for a router? I know you get the backup capabilities, but having 2 devices for Wi-Fi seems unnecessary. I have all Apple products.
- Asked by Casey G from Louisville
- Flag as inappropriate (How would I go about using a Time Capsule with Time Warner Cable?)
2 Answers from the Community
Unless Louisville has some strange setup, you can either rent or use your own router to connect to the Time Warner modem. You should be able to use your own modem also. There is a list of modems which are compatible with the cable company's system which is available on their website. Pretty much any router will work. Buying your own router and/or modem means there is an upfront cost vs paying a monthly rental fee. On the other hand if your rented equipment fails for whatever reason or Time Warner changes their cable box or DVR, they will replace it at no cost.
- Answered by David D from Milwaukee
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
First, time warner cannot force you to use their router. I bought my own,works fine. I have a router/modem combo and use the time capsule along with it. I connect to either one it doesn't matter.
- Answered by Richard S from Orange
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can be used with time warner cable?
- Asked by Manuel V
- Sep 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can be used with time warner cable?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
No answers yet
is Time Warner Cable app available through Apple TV?
- Asked by Gwen S from Brooklyn
- Apr 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (is Time Warner Cable app available through Apple TV?)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI-to-HDMI Cable 1.8m
Do u need a cable network like time Warner and a box to use this connector .
- Asked by Terrie S from Akron
- Feb 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do u need a cable network like time Warner and a box to use this connector .)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter