Is it possible to disable the Time Machine function and use the internal hard drive as a shared file server instead? Streaming media is not necessary
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, you can disable Time Machine functionality on your Mac very easily. The internal drive simply shows up in the Finder as a shared network drive. Therefore, you can use it as a "file server" - I even did stream media from there for a while, but it can lag a little at times, so I wouldn't recommend that.
- Answered by Christoph R from Princeton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?
- Asked by Mujahid M from Upland
- Jun 1, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
Does MacBook Air have internal hard drive?
- Asked by L. S. H from Colorado Springs
- Jul 9, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does MacBook Air have internal hard drive?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
No answers yet