What is the procedure to transfer data from previous Time Capsule to new one? Is there software utility provided? Or is it automatic when TC attached
3 Answers from the Community
it is done with the time machine software on your desktop or laptop. very easy, but 800-myapple tech guys can walk you through it.
- Answered by David B from Henderson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Try this support article HT5097
- Answered by John R from Delhi
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
It's not easy. You would have to mount the Time Capsule data filesystem from each time capsule on your desktop and then drag and drop the data from one to the other.
BUT, I don't think you would even want to do this. There are some unique identifiers for the data that time machine creates and it might confuse the process and ignore your old data directory and start fresh with a new backup anyways.
Probably best to just start anew on the new time capsule. You could always hang on to the old time capsule for say 30 days if you ever needed to revert back to some older file.
- Answered by Mike G from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.
- Asked by Chris H from Marmong Point
- Dec 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
Can I back my MacBook onto two separate Airport Time Capsules via Time Machine: one TC used as wireless router, the second TC to extend the WiFi?
Will it transfer all the pictures at one time
- Asked by Sandra C from Perryville
- Dec 12, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it transfer all the pictures at one time)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter