What type of cable do I need to connect macbook pro to airport time capsule for the first backup. The MacBook does not have an Ethernet connection.
1 Answer from the Community
You can purchase a USB-to-Ethernet adapter or Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter from Apple in case you want to use Ethernet. The easiest solution, however, is to use AirPort / WiFi, which will work for the first backup as well as for any consecutive backups. If you are worried about the amount of data to be transmitted - don't worry - Mac OS X will simply continuously backup your MacBook in the background and interrupt and restart as needed, for example if you disconnect from your home network, it won't have to restart the whole backup process, it will simply continue from where it stopped.
- Answered by Christoph R from Princeton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.
- Asked by Chris H from Marmong Point
- Dec 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
Can I use this as a networking cable, like an ethernet cable?
- Asked by Seth T from Glen Allen
- Nov 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this as a networking cable, like an ethernet cable?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…