Can the Airport Time Capsule help me keep the same information, mirrored, continuously updated in real time, synchronised across two devices + airport
I would like to connect an Airport Time Capsule to maintain a backup and synchronise to two other devices; MacbookPro and IMac. I would like the same data maintained (mirrored) across the three locations; allowing me to use any device and then be able to access and update files easily from any other device: e.g. work on IMac and walk out of the door with my Macbook and for the same files to be ready. I do not want partitioned drives or any hassles moving files around between drives. There is sufficient space on all devices. I prefer to transfer files through hardwires and/or the wifi network, rather than any cloud device to avoid subscription costs.
Will this work, or will I risk adding more complexity to my life needing to manage my files across multiple devices? (someone mentioned the airport might need two partitioned areas of the drive: one for each device, which would be a hassle and not manageable).
Is there a better solution? To achieve easy access across all devices to same files, as well as maintain a backup.
Thank you in advance!
1 Answer from the Community
It goes way beyond that. I have 4 macs connected to it and I can roll this system back almost 2 years backward on each one. It's a lot of memory. You won't see other files from other computers unless you search the drive directly it shows up like an accordion with a date bar to the right and you can scroll through the dates. its awesome.
- Answered by Bert D from Fort Myers
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac
- Asked by Kenneth R
- Nov 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
how many airport devices can i have connected to a time capsule
- Asked by Helen R
- Aug 22, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (how many airport devices can i have connected to a time capsule)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Will an Airport Time Capsule back up windows devices wirelessly?
- Asked by Robert K from Mesa
- Mar 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will an Airport Time Capsule back up windows devices wirelessly?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme