has ethernet cable connection between time capsule and imac priority over WIFI connection
At the time my iMac gets its Internet access over WLAN of a Router/modem.
The connection between airport TimeCapsule and the iMac is also wireless.
After updating to Sierra (coincidence?) I get very often the message that the backup on the TimeCapsule is corrupt, and time machine initiates a new backup. I want to try the next backup over a cable connection between the Computer and the TimeCapsule.
1. What happens if I connect my iMac 27 2012 to the Airport Time capsule per Ethernet cable, but the WLAN on the iMac remains active? Will the connection between the iMac and the TC be through cable or through WLAN?
2. Will the iMac WLAN function?
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Can the Airport Express be used to extend the wifi range of a Time Capsule? if so, does it need to be connected to it with an ethernet cable?
- Asked by Derrick W from Mount Vernon
- Sep 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express be used to extend the wifi range of a Time Capsule? if so, does it need to be connected to it with an ethernet cable?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Connecting AP Extreme to gen 3 Time Capsule
- Asked by Mark L from Cumming
- Jul 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting AP Extreme to gen 3 Time Capsule)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet
Can I use this cable to hook up a Time Capsule to my iMac?
- Asked by Gillian K from Maryborough
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to hook up a Time Capsule to my iMac?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…