Can the AirPort Extreme be used as a WAP or will it only route?
I need to use this in a business environment where it needs to connect to servers on a particular network. The new MacBook Pro does not have an Ethernet NIC built in so I need to buy the USB NIC or WAP.
- Asked by Jason S from Garden Grove
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the AirPort Extreme be used as a WAP or will it only route?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes. I used mine as a WAP before. When I had DSL the only choice I had was to use their device as a router so I used an airport extreme as a WAP. The Cool thing was when I used it as a WAP i was able to use all 4 ports as I could still use the WAN port as a regular LAN port since I was routing through a different device. Worked Great. I changed to Cable recently so now it's being used as a full router access point. But it has no problem being a WAP, a BRIDGE or the Main Router in your network. It plays nicely with others. I'm an airport fan. the wireless connectivity is for me much more reliable and consistent than the Netgear and Linksys options I've used in the past. It was a little more money but it's been a set it and forget it device.
- Answered by Chris B from Hammond
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the router in the Time Capsule the same router used in the Airport Extreme? Or is it not as efficient?
- Asked by Gary H from Belle River
- Jan 14, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the router in the Time Capsule the same router used in the Airport Extreme? Or is it not as efficient?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?
- Asked by Mujahid M from Upland
- Jun 1, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
Using iConnect Scanner with iPad mini
- Asked by J. David O from Lakeland
- Jan 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Using iConnect Scanner with iPad mini)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)
No answers yet