Can you clone a MAC address with this model? I know you couldn't do it with previous models.
The reason MAC address cloning is important to me is because Comcast never changes the MAC address they have on file (even though they say they do), so if your new router has a different value you can't access the Internet on it. Has this changed with this model?
- Asked by Brian L from South San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you clone a MAC address with this model? I know you couldn't do it with previous models.)
2 Answers from the Community
There is no mac address cloning for this device like the other routers but as long the settings for this network is off bridge and set to dhcp and will work fine this will act like a switch using the same assign ip range from ur cable modem.
- Answered by Graciano A from Artesia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Isn't MAC address cloning a function of the modem, not the router? Typically, the Modem reports a MAC address, not the router. You may have some setup that is different than the default, though. I can tell you that I have Comcast Internet and I can switch routers several times a day if I want to. I just have to power down the modem and router, bring up the modem first then the router and everything works fine.
- Answered by Matt M from Tucson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
will this work for previous models of macbook air?
- Asked by Sagar K from Nana
- Mar 11, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work for previous models of macbook air?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Can this be used to convert previous model chargers?
- Asked by Royce S from San Jose
- Sep 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to convert previous model chargers?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter