How much does the WiFi services cost?
Meaning do I have to go to a company like Verizon or AT&T in order to use this AirPort Time Capsule WiFi?
- Asked by Reginald J from Azusa
- Flag as inappropriate (How much does the WiFi services cost?)
3 Answers from the Community
You don't have to pay anything beyond what you're already paying for your internet connection from your ISP. As long as you have an internet connection at your house from an ISP, there are no recurring fees. You just buy the Airport Extreme and that's it as regards expenses. There would only be monthly fees if the Airport Extreme had a cellular connection instead of connecting your your DSL or cable modem, which it doesn't. It's a wireless router, not a cellular WiFi hotspot like a MiFi. So, this is not really something you'd bring on a trip/ long car ride. For WiFi on the go, you would need something like a MiFi.
- Answered by Joshua B from Waterford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
An Airport Extreme is a wireless router. It connects through an ethernet cable from your dsl or cable modem. The router will provide all the WiFi you need with no ongoing expense.
You may be thinking of a wireless hotspot, not a router. A hotspot gets the internet via cellular instead of through a wired modem. Since these are cellular, they need to be purchased from cellular providers like Verizon or AT&T. These devices have monthly data plans similar to a cell phone.
- Answered by Michael S from Boynton Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Depending on your area cost vary. However, Verizon offers the Fios service and you should check with them. Also, look at another cable provider. You will need a cable modem to connect your AP Extreme too, you will not be able to setup your AP Extreme using just a wi-fi connection. You need a Mac computer and ethernet cable to connect to the router. Lookup the KB article HT1178 Setting up Time Capsule for the first time.
- Answered by Marquette R from Silver Spring
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Why does this version with the numeric keypad cost $30 more?
- Asked by Kristopher L from Woodridge
- Jun 7, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Why does this version with the numeric keypad cost $30 more?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
how much will it cost to upgrade my entire office?
- Asked by Cara C
- Oct 28, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (how much will it cost to upgrade my entire office?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard