I have the AT&T Uverse with their modem installed, would switching theirs for the Extreme work or no?
I heard that this works best with other companies who don't offer modems.
1 Answer from the Community
I substituted an AirPort Extreme for a NetGear router that connected to U-verse box via WAN cable. I powered the U-verse box down, attached all the cables to AE, plugged in the power cord in AE then the NetGear device. Meanwhile, I opened my Mac Applications, clicked Utilities, clicked AirPort Utility and followed instructions. After a few minutes and a few clicks, it was running. Note that I had a functioning router already and made a clean swap with no problem. If you are adding AE, then be sure to use the Utility to click "Bridge" under one of the tabs. Also note that I kept the U-verse box running; that is essential
- Answered by Francis L from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How quickly can these switch between apple devices? I have iPhone 7, Apple Watch Series 2, and MBP retina.
- Asked by Clayton P from Attalla
- Sep 23, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How quickly can these switch between apple devices? I have iPhone 7, Apple Watch Series 2, and MBP retina.)
- Asked about: AirPods
Can the AirPort Express Base Station replace a modem ?
- Asked by Lamont W from San Diego
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the AirPort Express Base Station replace a modem ?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express